Saturday, March 31, 2012

Introducing Mdm Qiu, my Great Great Great Grand Mother!


Having cleared many of the vines and saplings that encase and cover and surround the "Lim Trio" tombs at Bukit Brown Cemetery, there was enough light to take clearer photographs. This is the tombstone of Lim Mah Peng, grandfather of Lim Boon Keng (Lim Mah Peng is my great great great grandfather).

Just the other day my friends of Bukit Brown helped me to decipher the inscription on the tombstone of Mdm Su (Boon Keng's mother): These same people had this to say of this tombstone




  • Chengmin Wang Posthumous name 林寿民 Hanyu Pinyin Lin Shou Min. Living name 邱慈慎。 Hanyu Pinyin Qiu Ci Shen.


  • Lim Su Min 林蘇民 ‎ sounds like two different surnames? husband & wife??


  • Khoo Ee Hoon Lin Shou Min is the posthumous name of Lim Mah Peng and Qiu Ci Shen is the maiden name of wife. Qiu is Khoo.


  • Lim Su Min 林蘇民 AHA! So the triple set is actually a quadraple set?? Ah Mah and Ah Kong and Ma and Pa of Lim Boon Keng?


  • Khoo Ee Hoon Yes. Parents and grand parents of Lim Boon Keng.

    So  the Tomb is a double tomb, the Trio is actually a Quad,
     and I realize I have found Mdm Qiu  (邱 = Khoo)
    my Great Great Great Grand Mother!
     慈慎 Ci Shen is her post-humous name.
    She is the 7th direct ancestor of mine I have located at Bukit Brown:
    [The others being....
    Tan Kim Ching (son of Tan Tock Seng)
    Tan Boo Liat (grandson of Tan Kim Ching): Boo Liat is my mum's grandfather.
    Yeo Buay Neo (Mrs Seow Chye Watt), mother of Seow Poh Leng my maternal grandfather)
    Lim Mah Peng
    Lim Thean Geow
    Mdm Su (Mrs Lim Thean Geow)]


    I know she was from Penang:
    Mah Peng got married in Penang:
    They had a son Thean Gow
    and with the young son the family migrated to Singapore.

    For Great Great Great Grand Lim Mah Peng, his posthumous name 林寿民  Lin Shou Min.

    My head count: I have found 17 relatives at Bukit Brown.





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment