Sunday, February 5, 2012

Number 13: Seow Poh Quee

On Thursday 2nd February morning, my friend Gan Su Lin from Facebook Heritage Singapore Bukit Brown Cemetery group sent me a photo of tomb of Yeo Boey Neo (my great grand mother)
She also said that she "noticed the grave directly in front of Mdm Yeo's is of a Seow but neglected to note the full name. Quite possibly he is also kin of yours...."


Today Sunday 5th February, our Interpid TombRaider Raymond Goh sent me a photo, that of Seow Poh Quee, one of Mdm Yeo's three sons.  Seow Poh Quee is thus my Number 13 relative at BBC.









from tomb inscription
4 sons Soo Jin, Ong Jin, Cheng Jin, Kin Jin
2 daughters, Wee Lian, Gek Lian


From newspaper archives
3rd son Walter married 1963







1 comment:

  1. " Su Min,
    WHAT CAN I TELL YOU ABOUT SEOW POH QUEE ?
    Not much I'm afraid, all that I can recall is that he was the brother of Seow Poh Leng.
    * He and his family lived in Moulmein Rd (opposite TTS Hospital)
    * He worked at United Motor Works founded by Chia Yee Soh.
    From Tombstone inscriptions of Yeo Boey Neo (Mrs Seow Chye Watt) it would appear that she was mother of Seow Poh Leng, Seow Poh Quee & Seow Guat Eng (Mrs. Chia Yee Soh)

    * Seow Poh Kwee's Tombstone inscriptions lists him as having has two daughters Wee Lian and Gek Lian.

    I'm not sure which, but believe that one of the daughters to be the mother of Dr. Gordon Tan of Joy Clinic for women.

    You might like to follow up on this lead.


    Ko Gordon"

    ReplyDelete